Even the thoughts of this dish make me hungry. Salted fish is very nice either by itself, or cooked with other ingredients, and also very nice in clay pot rice too! Yum! (However, don’t eat it too much for health sake.)
- 1 small piece Salted Fish Mui Heong (梅香)
- 300 grams Lean pork (optional with little fats attached)
- 1 table spoon sesame oil
- ½ table spoon soya sauce (adjust accordingly with amount of salted fish used)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1 cm section of ginger
- 1 teaspoon rice wine (hua tiao, 花雕 optional)
- dash of ground white pepper
- Wash, drain, and slice the pork thinly.
- Cut the pork into small pieces of thin slices.
- Remove the skin of ginger, and cut into very fine stands of less than 1 mm thick.
- Marinate sliced pork with sesame oil, soya sauce, sugar, corn flour, pepper and ginger. Optional, add the rice wine.
- Lay on the marinated pork on steaming plate. And on top of the pork lay the salted fish.
- Steam over high heat for 15 mins.
- Serve hot.