Pig stomach made very nice soup boiled with pepper seed. In fact my experience shows that it helps in relieving gastric pain. However if it is not cleaned properly, it may have weird smell. The tricky part is mainly on cleaning the inside of the stomach. Here is how you can do it.
- First trim away excess fats that cling on the stomach.
- Flip inside out, exposing the inside, and use paper kitchen towel to wipe away all slime.
- Put the stomach in a bowl, and a few tablespoon light soya sauce and rub over, leave it for 1 hour.
- Rinse away the soya sauce and rub with 1 tablespoon salt. Rinse away. Pour boiling water, onto the stomach to blanch it for a minute. Take out and scrape off fibrous tissues near the opening. Rub with salt again and rinse. This is done for the inside.
- Flip it again to expose the outside. Rinse the outside, and it is done!