You can get roast pork in market, usually cheaper than what you get from the char siew or roast meat rice stalls. In Chinese wedding, you may get some from the bride’s family if you are relatives to the bride, as in Chinese tradition, the groom family has to give the bride’s family a roast pig. These meat are seasoned and roasted on charcoal fire and can be served as it is. However, you can try this to make it tastier by cooking with some soya sauce suggested here.
- 1 slice roast pork (can vary, about 300 grams)
- 1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Cut the roast pork into small pieces.
- When the wok is warm (not too hot) add in the pork and increase the heat, pan fry the roast pork till the oil comes out, and the skin crispy. (you don’t need to put oil, the fats will release the oil while you cook, but important to put in the pork when wok not too hot, so that it don’t stick immediately to the wok)
- Mix ingredient 2 to 5 in bowl. Pour into the wok and boil with the roast pork for 2 mins.
- Serve Hot.