- Half chicken, or 2 chicken leg
- 1-2 cm section of ginger
- 1 stalk spring onion
- 1 table spoon sesame oil
- 1 table spoon light soya sauce
- 2 table spoon Chinese wine hua tiao (花雕)
- ½ teaspoon salt for seasoning
- 1 table spoon salt for washing.
- Remove skin of ginger, cut into slices. Wash spring onion and cut into 10 cm sections.
- Wash chicken, rub with a 1 table spoon salt for a few minutes and rinse away all the salt.
- Cut the chicken into chucks.
- Season chicken with salt, soya sauce, sesame oil and Chinese wine, and if time permits leave it aside for 1 hour or longer.
- Lay chicken on steaming plate, lay the ginger slices and spring onion on top. Steam over high heat for 15 mins.
- Serve hot.