- 10 chicken feet
- 10 red dates
- 300 grams raw peanuts
- 5-10 clove of garlic
- 5 dried shitake mushroom, or handfull of dried mushroom stem.(optional)
- 2 litres water
- Salt to taste
- Wash the chicken feet, make sure you peel off any yellow outer covering layer of the chicken feet. They should be pinkish white. Cut away the sharp claws.
- You can remove the skin of the garlic, or just leave them as it is.
- Wash the red dates, mushroom and peanuts.
- Tip: if you have used dried shitake mushroom for cooking some other dish, you may save the stem (hard and fibrous, not nice for eating) for this soup.
- Put all ingredients into a slow cooker with the water, leave it to cook overnight or for 5 hours.
- Alternatively, cook in a pot with very low flame for 5 hours (make sure the water level is monitored to prevent drying up, add water if necessary).
- You may add in the chicken feet 2-3 hours after cooking, as peanuts is the one that takes longer time to cook. That will retain chewiness of the chicken feet if you like.
- When done, add salt to taste (this portion required about 1 – 1.5 teaspoon, but do your own judgement, and test as you add.
- Serve hot (I prefer to serve with a dash of pepper)